Monday, October 15, 2012

FEATURING PROBLAK Boston thoroughbred

What can I say about Rob Gibbs aka PROBLAK. I can only tell you that he is a force to be reckoned with. He defines the meaning "Bad boys move in silence." Problak and I met several years ago in the streets of Boston and I have had the privilege of not only painting on the streets with this brother but also getting to see his growth from a prolific graff writer to a skillful well rounded artist. His latest body of work he coined "Small Change" deals with how we perceive value. The value of our time, life and the perception of women, how they can be treasured in one sense as a "Dime Piece" but then objectified  by sayings like "A dime a dozen". I look forward to seeing what PROBLAK has in store for Fear No Art 4.

Here are words from the man himself about his latest body of work "SMALL CHANGE".

"The phrase, 'a little goes a long way', inspired this body of work. I think the average person can easily overlook how change can quickly accumulate. When change comes together, it's value and power matches it's weight in a variety of ways--especially in our consumer culture. This collection showcases some change I earned over time. I wanted to remix the value of what we accumulate and probably overlook everyday. Please enjoy the "EP" to my upcoming show. I hope you get to walk away with a small change in your point of view" Grow on flow on."--Problak



                                         Images from Small Change by PROBLAK






No comments:

Post a Comment